Who We Are – The National Association
of Women Business Owners (NAWBO)
NAWBO is the unified voice of America’s more than 10 million women-owned businesses representing the fastest growing segment of the economy.
Headquartered in Washington D.C., NAWBO is the only dues-based organization representing the interests of all women entrepreneurs across all industries; and boasts over 7,000 members and 80 chapters across the country.
NAWBO propels women entrepreneurs into economic, social, and political spheres of power worldwide by:
• STRENGTHENING the wealth-creating capacity of our members
and promote economic development
• CREATING innovative and effective changes in the business culture
• BUILDING strategic alliances, coalitions, and affiliations
• TRANSFORMING public policy and influence opinion
NAWBO San Antonio
NAWBO-SA is the preeminent organization for over 53,000+ women business owners in our metropolitan and surrounding areas. For more than a decade, NAWBO-San Antonio has been a valuable resource for women entrepreneurs providing information, programs, and opportunities to network, learn and grow with their peers in San Antonio and across the United States.
NAWBO San Antonio helps propel women entrepreneurs to success by:
• Strengthening their leadership skills and growing their business through
monthly networking and educational programs.
• Recognizing outstanding achievements of women business owners with
the distinguished Entrepreneurial Spirit Awards.
• Inspiring and mentoring the next generation of women entrepreneurs
through our student “Entrepreneurial Connection” scholarship program.
• Supporting charities and organizations that help disadvantaged women
find meaningful employment.
• Building alliances with governmental agencies and non-profit organizations
that promote women’s entrepreneurship in the San Antonio area.
• Lobbying the local government for policies that improve equality.
We encourage you to become part of our dynamic community here in
the Alamo City.