Entrepreneurial Connections 2012-2013 Volunteer Opportunities
We are gearing up for a new year of the Entrepreneurial Connections program and are excited to inform you about the volunteer opportunities that we will have for the program this year.
Click here to learn more about NAWBO-SA's Entrepreneurial Connections.
Entrepreneurial Connection (October):
School Champion (November/December):
- This is an evening event that lasts about 2-3 hours.
- As a volunteer at this event you socialize with the teen girls. The teens meet fellow students and women business owners, learn business etiquette tips, and begin the dream of becoming an entrepreneur and making it a reality.
- This is about a 2 hour time commitment for visiting the school and about another half hour for training.
- A school champion arranges with the school liaison for a one hour visit to the school assigned to them by the E Connect Committee. During this one hour discussion you will talk about yourself, NAWBO, Entrepreneurial Connections, What is an Entrepreneur, and various other topics. The agenda for your discussion will be outlined in your half hour training teleconference.
- This conference is scheduled to last from around 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. There will also be a 2-3 hour evening volunteer training session about a week before the event.
- As a volunteer at this event you will serve as a table facilitator. You will coach the girls through the completion of each activity and answer any questions that they might have about how you started your business.
- The Entrepreneurial Connections committee organizes and coordinates all of the events and comes up with new ideas to improve the activities that we have planned for the teen girls.
- We start meeting in August and continue the meetings until the awards in March.
- The committee meetings occur once or twice a month and last approximately two hours.
We look forward to working with you as we reach out to teen women in the San Antonio area.
Please let Diane White (email@example.com or 210-293-5312) know if you would be interested in any of these volunteer opportunities and thank you for your help.
2012-2013 Entrepreneurial Connections Chair
ATKG CPA, LLP
Posted by Melanie Kirk on 17th August, 2012 | Comments | Trackbacks
The trackback URL for this page is http://nawbosa.org/trackback?post=27343417
There are no trackbacks for this post
There are no comments for this post
Post a Comment
HTML is not allowed in comments, http://... will be automatically linked.