October 2012 Message from the President
As we ease into the final quarter of this year, most business owners are scrambling to close the gap on revenue production and looking beyond into the coming year. Planning ahead is a necessity to survive in business. Myself, along with three other NAWBO-San Antonio Board members (Nancy Victor, Kathy Swanson and Debi Lamb-Burrows), are just back from the NAWBO National Conference in Louisville, Kentucky, where we had the opportunity to connect, learn, and access resources from our national counterparts within our organization. We look forward to incorporating what we learned at conference into our future chapter plans.
Within NAWBO–San Antonio, we have much to celebrate. NAWBO–San Antonio was awarded the prestigious San Antonio North Chamber Athena Award for Organizational Leadership. We are excited and humbled to have been selected for this honor. We thank the North Chamber for the award, along with Security Service Credit Union who nominated NAWBO–San Antonio for the award. The San Antonio Business Journal held their Women's Leadership Awards Luncheon on Friday, October 5. Several of our NAWBO women business owners were recognized at this luncheon. Included that day were: Madeline Anz Slay (NAWBO-SA Past President); Cristina Heaney (current NAWBO–SA Treasurer); Katie Harvey, Helena Hauk, Janie Gonzalez and Pamela Bain. Congratulations! Well deserved!
A trade show gives businesses the opportunity to display their products and services to the public in general. Within NAWBO, a tradeshow gives businesses the opportunity not only to display their products and services, but additionally to be educated on relevant business topics and to connect with Corporate Partners, Executive Member Partners, and sister business owners. At this year’s annual NAWBO–San Antonio Trade Show, attendees will have the opportunity to enjoy the following:
All in one place, at one time—The NAWBO–San Antonio Trade Show and Luncheon on October 25, from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at the Old San Francisco Steak House.
- Learn from the top business etiquette coach, Diane Gottsman;
- Be interviewed live by Jennifer Naverette, San Antonio’s Social Media Maven;
- Be photographed by local woman photographer, Aimee Michelle Mercado;
- Learn how NOT to be technically pirated…by the IT Pro: Nancy Victor, owner of HelpMe!! TechTeam and NAWBO–San Antonio President Elect;
- Learn the do’s and don’ts of managing employees…from CJ Pettit, owner of My HR Consulting
- Learn what it takes to capture government contracts…Renee Watson, Director of the Small, Minority, Women, & Veteran Business Owners (SMWVBO) Enterprise Program;
- Be exposed to contractors who are ready to purchase from women owned businesses;
- Meet your local bankers and many others who will assist you in growing your business; and
- The first 100 attendees will receive a SWAG BAG worth well over $500!
There is so much more going on in NAWBO–San Antonio:
Whew…if you can’t find business connections at one of these events…e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll connect and plan you better!
- November 7—special meeting with Dr. Robert Dye, Economist with Comerica Bank;
- Our December 5 Holiday Social at Lexus;
- Entrepreneurial Spirit Awards nominations and judging (not to mention all the planning that is happening for next year’s March 20 ESA event);
- Entrepreneurial Connections–Fostering the Entrepreneurial Dream teen mentoring program events;
- Lunch Connections and Small-Business Networking Breakfasts; Cocktail Connections and our Million Dollar Round Table event.
Here’s to your business connection success, Patsy Foxworth, NAWBO-SA President
Posted by Patsy Foxworth on 9th October, 2012 | Comments | Trackbacks
The trackback URL for this page is http://nawbosa.org/trackback?post=27343402
There are no trackbacks for this post
There are no comments for this post
Post a Comment
HTML is not allowed in comments, http://... will be automatically linked.