August 2013 Member Spotlight
In The Spotlight
NAWBO-SA Member Since 2001
June Bratcher, Founder & CEO
June Bratcher's degree in Nursing put her husband through 13 years of Medical school, internship and residency. After that was completed, she moved on to serve as the Chairman of Candidate Support of The Texas Medical Associations Political Action Committee. June served as the first woman and non - physician to fill that post. She held the post for 10 years.
In 1980 she decided to do something for herself and with $200.00 saved from grocery money she started Daisy Tours. After a short time it was evident that the bus company she hired for her tours was making more than she did. She set out to own a bus, a story in itself. At that time a woman could not sign for her own loan . Her husband was willing to sign, but she declined. This time it was for her .
For the next few years she worked with women's groups, including NAWBO to get that law changed. Seven years later in 1987 the law was changed and she received her first loan. The rest is history . That is all she needed.
She went on to further recognition.
- Entrepreneurial Star Spirit Award and over all award by NAWBO
- The Texas Medical Association named an award in her honor - The June Bratcher Award for excellence in political action.
- Entrepreneurial Star Award by Business Women's Network.
- National recognition of her company as cover page of Bus Ride Magazine.
- The National Association of Professional and Executive Women as Woman of the year.
- The US Dept. of Defense National Safety Award, won 3 times. Daisy is the only bus company to ever receive this award .
- Lifetime Achievement Award - National Defense Transportation Association
- National Safety Leader of The Year 2013 for the United Motor Coaches 1100 members. Finally, the one she is most proud of:
- The National Association of Women's Business Owners . Woman Business Owner of the year 2006 . This was made possible when Blanca Welborn suggested she be nominated.
I value NAWBO because it has been a vital part of my Business career. I can always find encouragement, advice and support from women with experience. There is always help available. That includes social issues , economics and politics in general. Lastly, I enjoy helping other NAWBO Women in their road to success.
Her latest endeavor is a book that she is writing of the joys, sorrows, successes, and failures of being in a man's world of business. It is titled 'You Are Driving Me Crazy'. When she started her company her husband gave her a ceramic sign for encouragement. It reads - Whatever women do they must do twice as well as a man to be thought half as good!
Her response. "Fortunately this is not difficult."
Congratulations June. A well-deserved honor!
Frost Bank has been building business banking relationships and delivering personalized service to Texans since 1868. From its humble beginnings as a mercantile business in San Antonio, Frost has grown to become one of the 50 largest banks in the country, with 115 locations across Texas.
Frost offers the financial services growing Texas businesses need, from loans, treasury management services and investments to retirement services, insurance and investment banking – with an emphasis on one-on-one relationships that is rare nowadays.
Whatever your business needs, we can work with you to help your business grow. After all, we’ve been helping Texas businesses build this state for 145 years.
Sarah Cernosek has devoted her entire banking career at Frost Bank – all 12 years have been in the commercial lending group. Sarah has been an active NAWBO member for 2 years and appreciates how NAWBO encourages collaboration amongst membership. This honest sharing of knowledge helps all who participate to learn from others’ mistakes and triumphs.
Posted by NAWBO-SA on 1st August, 2013 | Comments | Trackbacks
The trackback URL for this page is http://nawbosa.org/trackback?post=27343306
There are no trackbacks for this post
There are no comments for this post
Post a Comment
HTML is not allowed in comments, http://... will be automatically linked.