July 2014 President's Message
If you attended our Annual Appreciation and Installation Banquet and heard my speech, you know that I compared our NAWBO-SA team with that of our Championship Spurs. Like the Spurs, our team of leaders believe passionately in what we do, have the same vision, work as a cohesive unit towards our common goals. Supported by sponsors/partners who equally believe and support our vision and work alongside us as we accomplish our mission.
2013/2014 was a great year for NAWBO-SA! Here’s what we accomplished together:
Mark your calendars!
- Grown our Executive Member Partner Program made up of women earners over the million dollar mark over 200% since this time last year. Revamping our entire Million Dollar Roundtable Program.
- Grown membership over 30%
- Increased meeting sponsorships by 90%
- Our average Women Mean Business meeting attendance has grown over 100%
- For the second consecutive year we’ve had a SOLD OUT Entrepreneurial Award Gala and are already working on raising the bar considerably for next year and beyond.
- Our social gatherings attendance has increased by 300%
- Our increased working capital has allowed us to expanding our program offerings with a resurrected and very well attended Quarterly Member Orientation and Monthly Brown Bag Certification Training.
- We have more reengaged Past Presidents & Alliance Partners than ever before.
- Our Teen Scholarship Foundation gained support from first ever Title Sponsor, Valero Texas Open.
- Added a valued team mate, in the hiring of Diana Marin our Special Events Administrator. Who, alongside Anne-Marie Weldon our Chapter Administrator work tirelessly to keep us running smoothly.
- Our Public Policy Committee (non-existent two years ago) is now our largest active committee…working to inform, educate, advocate and make a meaningful impact far beyond San Antonio.
- And finally, I am proud to announce that we have just received final word that NAWBO-SA will be the HOSTS of the 2015 NAWBO National Women Business Conference with roughly 800 women business owners expected to attend. The first time EVER for our Chapter.
Don’t miss Women Mean Business Meeting at the Petroleum Club on Thursday, July 24 th; our Brown Bag Lunch Series: Let’s Do Business (WBE Certification) August 5 th at Amegy Bank; and our Member Orientation on August 7 th at Magnolia Pancake held only once a quarter!
Together we will connect, empower, and propel each other to greatness. Won’t you join me?
Posted by Nancy Victor on 3rd July, 2014 | Comments | Trackbacks
Tags: Member Orientation, Million Dollar Round Table, Brown Bag Series, Alliance Partner and Veteran Affairs, Entrepreneurial Spirit Awards, women owned business, women entrepreneurs, membership, volunteer opportunities, Women Mean Business
The trackback URL for this page is http://nawbosa.org/trackback?post=28990554
There are no trackbacks for this post
There are no comments for this post
Post a Comment
HTML is not allowed in comments, http://... will be automatically linked.