September 2014 Member Spotlight
In the Spotlight
NAWBO-SA Member Since 2012
Retired twenty-five year McDonald’s Corporation employee and franchise owner Sybel Pici has been repurposing her skills and career experience to serve in business and personal mentoring, leadership development, team building, strategic planning and speaking opportunities throughout South Texas.
In addition to having successfully operated her restaurants alongside her husband Bob, Sybel also served on several leadership teams for McDonald’s Corporation and was named as a national Brand spokesperson for the McDonald’s Corporation system. Her contributions include founding Camp Mickey D’s and Paid Tutoring, holding a 10-year post as chair of the Ronald McDonald House Hispanic Scholarship program (HACER) well as successfully leading multiple executive-level teams dedicated to performance excellence.
In 2004, Sybel joined the Board of Directors at Goodwill Industries San Antonio. She has just completed a 2-year term as Board Chair, also marking her 10-year anniversary of service to the organization. The mission of Goodwill, “changing lives through the power of work” is one that was reflected in the day-to-day operations of her company and also serves as the call to action in her service to the San Antonio community.
Sybel also serves on the Northeast Independent School District Transformation Design Team and is part of a community-wide group of stakeholders who are charged with developing and reporting the District’s long-term strategic plan for educational excellence. She is also a member of the National Association of Women Business Owners and part of the Accion Women Business Center, providing business mentoring for women.
Sybel has earned the following awards and recognition for her contributions at McDonald’s and in the San Antonio community:
Sybel has a strong faith in God, and is active in her Church. She attributes the grace of God for her vision, ability and results every day, and her Puerto Rican heritage and support of her husband and family for her drive to serve.
- 1993 McDonald’s “Rookie of the Year” Award for excellence in enterprise operations
- 1996 McDonald’s “Ronald Award” for outstanding leadership and operational results
- 2003 State of Texas Governor’s Volunteer Award in the Family category (Camp Mickey D’s)
- 2003 North San Antonio Chamber of Commerce Small Business Award (employee relations category)
- 2003 United Way Volunteer of the Year finalist
- 2003 NEISD Superintendent’s Volunteer Spotlighter award
- 2007 National Restaurant Association’s (Texas) 2007 Restaurant Neighbor Award (Camp Mickey D’s)
- 2009 the San Antonio Business Journal Enterprise 2009 Family Business Award
- 2012 NAWBO 2012 Entrepreneurial Spirit Award in the Mentor category
- 2013 Goodwill Industries-San Antonio Jim Matson Leadership Legacy Award for outstanding leadership
- 2013 McDonald’s Houston Region Larry Zimmerman Legacy Award for outstanding contributions
NAWBO San Antonio appreciates all you do!
NAWBO-SA Partner since 2001
San Antonio Business Journal
The San Antonio Business Journal is a multi-media publisher of news and information abundantly useful to the community they serve. Their mission is to be an indispensable source of business journalism, market intelligence and networking opportunities to readers and advertiser specifically tailored to their interests and needs.
The San Antonio Business Journal has been our Partner since 2001. Today as a Platinum Partner, they provide us with outstanding support for our Entrepreneurial Spirit Awards and other events.
Mary Jonas, the Director of Advertising for the San Antonio Business Journal. Mary has been with the Journal over 25 years, and as everyone who knows Mary knows. She is committed to bringing value to advertisers who want to reach the over 86,000 weekly Journal readers.
Posted by NAWBO San Antonio on 9th September, 2014 | Comments | Trackbacks
Categories: Member Spotlight
Tags: SABJ, San Antonio Business Journal, NAWBO-SA Member Spotlight, NAWBO Partner Spotlight, Member spotlight, women entrepreneur
The trackback URL for this page is http://nawbosa.org/trackback?post=29165832
There are no trackbacks for this post
There are no comments for this post
Post a Comment
HTML is not allowed in comments, http://... will be automatically linked.