NAWBO-SA is committed to giving back to our community, and we want to do this with our Members and Corporate Partners.
Service Saturday's will take place once a quarter on the first Saturday of the month. We will choose a non-profit to serve in whatever capacity they need us.
On the first Service Saturday of 2023 we will be helping our very own non-profit Corporate Partner - Girl Scouts of Southwest Texas in their Cookie Warehouse.
Join us on
Saturday, February 4 , 2023
12:00 to 3:00 pm
This is the first weekend of Cookie Sales so it will be busy.
We have 1 shift available and you must commit to the entire shift. We need 10-12 volunteers per shift. See below from Emma Blevins (GSSWTX - Product Program Manager)
We do ask that volunteers commit to the entire shift, and we do a training at the beginning for all attendees.
Other info to share:
- Volunteers 18 years or older MUST provide a driver’s license/government-issued ID upon arrival as all volunteers MUST be registered/checked in to be on the council premises. (This is just for your safety, ours and for the girl!)
- Ensure to arrive on time to register/check in, receive instructions, and get settled in before the warehouse opens—volunteers will enter the open double doors (if not opened when you arrive, please hangout in your car).
- Wear closed toe and comfortable shoes! Jeans and T-shirts are appropriate attire. If you have team shirts, please wear them, we would LOVE for you to stand out.
- A Girl Scout staff member will be on site in the warehouse—this will be your go-to person during your shift.
- Cookie warehouse volunteers MUST be at least 16 years old and children under 16 are NOT permitted to accompany parents who are volunteering—this is for their safety as well as the safety of our volunteers.
Thank you for your support and generosity!