Who are we?
The National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO) is the unified voice of America’s more than 10 million women-owned businesses representing the fastest growing segment of the economy.
Headquartered in Washington D.C., NAWBO is the only dues-based organization representing the interests of all women entrepreneurs across all industries; and boasts over 7,000 members and 80 chapters across the country.
NAWBO propels women entrepreneurs into economic, social, and political spheres of power worldwide by:
- STRENGTHENING the wealth-creating capacity of our members and promoting economic development
- CREATING innovative and effective changes in the business culture
- BUILDING strategic alliances, coalitions, and affiliations
- TRANSFORMING public policy and influencing opinion
NAWBO - San Antonio
NAWBO-SA is the preeminent organization for over 53,000+ women business owners in our metropolitan and surrounding areas. For more than a decade, NAWBO-San Antonio has been a valuable resource for women entrepreneurs providing information, programs, and opportunities to network, learn and grow with their peers in San Antonio and across the United States.
NAWBO San Antonio helps propel established women business owners and entrepreneurs by:
- Strengthening their leadership skills and accelerating their growth providing the resources, connections and education through our vast array of programs and community.
- Recognizing outstanding achievements of women business owners with the distinguished Women Business Owner Awards
- Inspiring and mentoring the next generation of women entrepreneurs through our student “Entrepreneurial Connections” scholarship program.
- Supporting charities and organizations that help disadvantaged women find meaningful employment.
- Building alliances with governmental agencies and non-profit organizations that promote women’s entrepreneurship in the San Antonio area.
- Lobbying the local government for policies that improve job equality and best-practices.
2017 -2018 Goals
- Accelerate Growth
- Recognize Achievement
- Advocate For Young Women
- Empower Our Members
- Make Our Voices Heard